Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I want adventure...

Charlotte Bronte once said, “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”

Often times us princesses get a bad rep of relying on men and our journeys end when we get married. I disagree and want to express to you that you don’t need to live a life chasing after prince charming to be content. We are powerful, daring, hard working and should let no men make us feel incompetent!

I live in a small village in France where people think I am quite unusual because I rather read a book on a Friday night then go get my nails done with my girlfriends. I believe beauty comes from within and you shouldn’t worry so much about outer appearances; wear what you feel comfortable in and don't care what people think--especially men. Don’t get me started on the men here. There’s this douche bag (sorry for the language) named Gaston and I cannot stand him. He is the epitome of the typical close minded man. Get this, his ideal marriage is to have several good looking sons with him, massage his feet, cook his dinner, clean the floors and the worst of it all, no reading because he thinks intelligent women don’t exist! Kill me now!  Below is a conversation I had with him the other day. No joke.

Gaston: How can you read this? There's no pictures!
Me: Well, some people use their imagination.


Why can’t there be decent men around here? Sorry for venting but I think I am going to go back to reading to get my mind off things ;) I will leave you with a list of books I am currently into. Also if you are reading any of them please comment below on your thoughts and reactions to it! Would love to discuss.

The Twelve Tribes of Hattie

And The Mountains Echoed

The Last Summer of the Camper Downs





Shirt: Zara
Overalls: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Threadsence
Sweater: New Look


No comments:

Post a Comment